Thursday, September 18, 2008

Are eggs good food gone bad?

I love the face of Ashley Judd. She emits that radiance and freshness everytime she smiles and her eyes get chinky -- that's what I like most! So I tried searching for an image that really shows those eyes. Here I found one.

Click here for the image source

One thing that interested me is the heading that says, "The 5'7'' actress owes her youthful glow to a dairy-free diet and morning meditation." The word dairy reminds me of only butter. So should I avoid butter? I tried googling for "bad effects of dairy". The first three scholarly article abstracts that I saw all mentioned eggs and their harmful effects if taken excessively. All mentioned cholesterol. I tried searching for the cholesterol content of eggs. According to the study done by the University of Michigan Integrative Medicine, unlike what you see in most dairy products packages or commercials, there is no established daily serving recommendation for eggs. The reason behind is the controversy eggs has gone through because of high cholesterol content of the yolk. But recent studies imply that dietary cholesterol has less effect on blood levels of cholesterol compared to intake of saturated or hydrogenated fat. Eggs are good sources of nutrients and can be considered a healthy choice if eaten appropriately. See the UMIM site for more academic details on eggs.

No comments: