Sunday, September 14, 2008

Drink Lots of Water!

I had just read an article by Tracy Spangler, a Nutrition Outreach Instructor in Greenbrier County entitled Are We Wilting? It talked about the benefits of drinking water and I agree with her that we cannot survive without water. Long before carrying a bottled water became a trend, I am already taking that 'n-glasses' of  a water a day. I am not meticulous in counting the glasses I drink water from ok but so far it really has done me sooo good. Actually when I was reviewing for the board exam I always make sure that I always have water by my side. 


Click here for image source

Hydration with water is important for the functionality of our organs. Especially if you're a physically active person. 60% of our bodies is composed of water. Water is necessary to regulate our body temperatures, waste elimination and secretion, digestion and our blood is 80% made up of water. Our body loses approximately 10 cups or more each day, depending on the weather and the activities we do. We therefore need to replenish what we lose.

It doesn't take a doctor to say that even if you take lots of antioxidants, if you do not drink the necessary amounts of water, you will indeed look older than your age.

No comments: