Thursday, September 18, 2008

Why my friend (and some people) don't drink water

I can consume 1 glass to 1 liter per meal, depending on the food. If the food is spicy, my water intake is higher than normal. On the average, I consume 2 glasses of water per meal. That's how I love drinking water.

Not so with my close friend. She takes only half glass per meal, worst, she sometimes go lower than that. When I asked her why she drinks (water) so little, she curtly replied, "That's all I can take." I was trying to get her to my side cause I know water is beneficial to her. But she won't. I wonder why is it that some people are too resistive to drink. So I did a little study so that somehow I could convince my friends to do their bodies a favor and drink lots of water. Here's what I found according to study done by the New York and the iNternational Bottled Water Association.

Excuses why people don't drink water:

(1) not enough time (27%)
(2) don't feel thirsty (11%)
(3) don't like the taste of water (8%)
(4) forget to drink it (7%)

A researcher by the name of Barbra Levine suspects that they are really concerned about being able to go to bathroom (yes folks, just like in the movie Pursuit of Happiness).

Don't wait until you are thirsty. I found out the body is already dehydrated when it alarms thirst.

No comments: